rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, January 31, 2011

Status Update: 1/11



Like my cowboy? I like him a great deal. Especially his lovely tattoos and shiny belt buckle. *innocent smile* I don't usually go for cowboys but I made an exception for this hunky specimen. 


Anyways, it has been a while since I've done a status update. So here's what I've accomplished. 


Since my last status update, I have received several new publishers. I have a flash story acceptance at Sex and Murder Magazine, three political poems accepted at aaduna Press, a flash story published into an anthology at Daily Flashes of Erotica (I will do a giveaway on Valentines day!) and a single-title short story publication at Sapphire Blue Publishing. 


I've been a busy girl, eh? I haven't updated by "Publication Credits" in quite a while. *sigh* I'll get on it when I'm motivated enough to do it. 


Here's what I'm working on right now:


A historical young adult novel with a paranormal twist. I'm devoting all of my time toward this at the moment. I'm really excited about this story. I can't wait to sit down and start writing it. I haven't written a novel since high school, so it'll be a long project that will keep me busy for a while. 


I also have two novellas that are finished--still polishing and editing. One is my Cirque Du Soleil inspired story, the other is a dark fantasy story. I've got my eye on a few publishers, but I gotta wipe the dirt and grime off my stories first. Neither are an easy "sell," so I'm tweaking accordingly. When I get the confidence to submit again, I'll redirect my energies. I haven't looked at these novellas in months! A part of me is afraid they won't get published. It's pretty stupid because I got just two rejections and already I'm quitting, LOL! I'll re-submit when I stop moping around like a child. (At least I can recognize when I'm being childish!) 


That's what I got cooking so far. When I have more news, I'll let you know! Thank you guys for supporting me. Without you guys, I wouldn't be able to do what I do! 


Cheers from the Vegetarian Cannibal! 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails