rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Brain That Wouldn't Die (Review)

the brain that wouldn%27t die Pictures, Images and Photos

Cheesy black and white horror films are an acquired taste, I know. But I love them! Especially if I can watch for free on YOUTUBE.

This movie was made in 1962 and pretty much runs like its title. A mad scientist crashes his car, thus decapitating his fiancee and killing her. He brings her back to life by taking the head to his secret lab and injecting it with a serum that allows it to talk, think, and perform telepathic powers (unbeknownst to him).

In search of a body to attach his would-be wife's head, the mad scientist prowls strip bars and bikini model contests. When he finally selects a victim to perform the transplant, his fiancee conspires with a mutant creature locked in the cellar to thwart his murderous plan. The climax concludes with more decapitation and severed limbs and the fiancee screaming triumphantly within the flames: "I told you to let me die!"

*Grins*

If I had to grade this movie? C+ But it's bloody good fun and something my boyfriend and I could watch together while he was away. I admit, I laughed a few times throughout the film from its absurdity...but that's the beauty of these retro films.

6 comments:

Zoe C. Courtman said...

Hey! Just a quick note to say I'll be posting an award for you over at my blog this morning :D

TS Hendrik said...

I love the film. Perfect b-movie fun.
Great review.

Vegetarian Cannibal said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hooray for cheesy B&W movies. I used to devour these like head cheese with my old roomie. I miss those days!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE cheesey black and white horror flicks!! The cheesier, the better. This is one of my favs. And that movie poster rocks!

Vegetarian Cannibal said...

Yeah I really like the poster...it's got such a good "vintage B-movie" feel. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails