rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, May 7, 2012

Crushing on your characters...

I kinda sorta have the hots for one of my characters. I didn't want to fall in love with him...but the pull was just too damn strong! Haha! How many writers have found themselves in similar situations? I'm sure I'm not the only one. After all, as writers we base our characters on people/ideas we like. I happen to like mature, serious-minded introverts with kickass fighting abilities and or a biting sarcasm.    


So here is the combination of characters who inspired the character in my novel. A little bit of Prince Ashitaka from the Studio Ghibli film, Princess Mononoke. Like my character, Ashitaka also falls for a reckless "Wolf Girl." 

A little bit of Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. Elizabeth may not be a "wolf girl" but Keira Knightly kinda looks like a shark with those teeth. So close enough. 

A little bit of Trinity from the movie, The Matrix. Although Neo is much more emotional than Trinity, her logical no-nonsense approach calms him down in stressful situations. She doesn't mince words and she's not afraid to challenge Neo when he's fucking up. Despite her aloofness, she is fiercely devoted to her man and will/does die for him! On top of that, she's so damn sexy isn't she? 

A little bit of Van Fanel from the anime series, Vision of Escaflowne. Van is complicated and he has some...uh... psychological issues. He's a little homicidal but...you know, he has the whole "brooding anti-hero" thing going for him. Because he's an emotional retard, he keeps to himself and prefers not to deal with people unless he absolutely has to. Epic killing starts at 2:07. This whole scene is pretty dope. 
Last but not least, there's Seiji Amasawa from the Studio Ghibli movie, Whisper of the Heart. Seiji is so calm and mature for a 14-yr-old boy! I think I love Seiji the most out of this list. He's the most like my boyfriend. And Shizuku is most like myself. My character in my novel is not as sweet as Seiji, though. But like Seiji, he is mature enough to let the woman in his life make her own choices without trying to rush in and "fix" her mistakes. He is supportive in a quiet, behind-the-scenes kinda way. Only when the situation becomes desperate, will he actively assert himself and offer to "solve her problems." 


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails