rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, May 14, 2012

More on querying...

Q: What do you do when you're waiting to hear back from agents? 


A: You start another project so you don't go crazy checking your inbox ever 5min!!!! I think the waiting around for a response is actually worse than receiving the "Dear Author" form letter! 


I'm starting to realize why so many writers get depressed during the query process. You gotta be made of steel to survive in this business, I swear! This is my first time querying agents. Like ever. So I'm learning a lot. I didn't know what my emotional limitations were until I started this process. Although there are days I just feel like chucking my laptop out my window and giving up, I remember that even the greatest writers (like my personal heroes, Chuck Palahniuk, Sylvia Plath, Edgar Allan Poe) struggled to find an agent and be recognized at first. LINKY LINK


Look at this rejection letter for Ursula K. Le Guin!!!! 


So for all you writers out there plodding through the query process, I raise my glass to you! Keep at it, comrades! Don't give up! 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails