rss
email
twitter
facebook

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1/13: Status Update

So here's what I've accomplished since my last ridiculous update. 

1. Signed and contracted my tentacle erotic horror story at Storm Moon Press (awaiting edits)
2. Three literary agents currently considering Witching Tree (taking a hiatus on querying due to burnout) 
3. Poem about menstruation scheduled for publication at some obscure horror magazine
4. Rewriting the first third of Witching Moon and planning to complete the manuscript by Spring
5. Drafting the third book while not expecting failure from the first 
6. Planning to write more novellas and short stories for magazines/small-presses in the interim 
7. Discussing possible new author website? 

So...not a bad way to start the new year, eh? Perhaps the biggest disappointment was not meeting my goal to sign with an agent by Jan 1, 2013. But hey, wasn't expecting to sell my tentacle story either. So it cancels itself out to a lukewarm neutrality. I have no idea when I'll resume querying agents again. I think I want to devote my energies toward my second novel before I take another dive into the slushpile. Now that I have a new press, my confidence is up and I'm salivating to write. 

I feel as if I am on the cusp. I just turned 24. *cringe* And it's no longer cute to write "just for fun." Either I'm going to be good at this thing and make it my career or I need to get off my ass and go to graduate school. I'm terrified of failing. I always have been. Especially when I want this sooo bad...I can literally taste it! I'm too ambitious for mediocrity. I want to be on a bookshelf at a national bookstore. I really do. My goal is to get on the New York Times bestseller's list before I am 30! 

If I can do it...if I can succeed...fuck. 

We'll see. 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails