rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reading New Books

Although I am a writer, I don't read very much. Why? Mainly, because I'm too poor to buy new books and reading takes a lot of my time. I'm the sort of person who reads a whole book in one or two sittings. Even if the book sucks--I fully absorb myself to the pages. This is why I'm so slow to read some of my friend's books or beta. It's not that I'm unreliable, I just don't want to start something if I'm going to be busy with other things. Because once I start reading, I don't usually stop until I finish the whole thing.

I've ordered two books that I'm really excited about. I've been desperate to find other black female authors in the sci-fi/fantasy genres. I'll review them both once I finish, but here's what I got on my plate right now:


"Kindred" by Octavia E. Butler and...


"Brown Girl in the Ring" by Nalo Hopkinson, but I think I'll start first with this one. Both of these books are kinda old...I think "Kindred" was published in the 80s and "Brown Girl" in 1998. But I'm just now hearing about these books. (Kinda sad, huh?)

Until the books arrive, I will try my best to catch up on my beta work! Thank you all for being patient with me!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails