rss
email
twitter
facebook

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Register to vote, dummy!

After I hit "publish" on this blog post, what am I doing? Yeah. Gonna walk to the mailbox and slip my boyfriends's and I's voting application inside. Why? Because I'm an American citizen first. A black woman second. And a bisexual young person third. People have literally DIED for MY right to vote. How can I make a mockery of that sacrifice by being complacent and apathetic? This is MY  country. I have a voice. Yes, it is small and perhaps insignificant to many. But the naysayers can't stop me from voting.  

I'm voting for a future for you and me. People like me.  People like you. We have the power to flex our vocal muscles and be heard. So let's use it, shall we? I don't care if you're republican, democrat, independent, libertarian, whatever-the-fuck-ever, just vote! Register to vote! Have your say! As citizens, it is the ONLY power we have. So let's use it. 

And that concludes my self-righteous post of the week. Over and out, minions.  


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails