rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, October 24, 2011

If Your Story Was A Color



Colors can often paint a mood. And I know many writers use colors to describe a scene. It may be somewhat cliched, but I think colors are important when creating a visual landscape for the reader. 


I've been thinking about my WIP lately and the overall "mood" or "atmosphere" I am trying to create. I noticed as I was editing how much gray and white I used. The sky is always overcast and it is often snowing during pivotal scenes. 


If my story was a color, it would be a dull, somber grayish color. Gray reflects my main character's intelligence, loneliness, and endurance. But white also represents my character's childish naivety and well-meaning intentions. The moon plays an important role in my story too.




What color is your story? 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails