rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cirque du Soleil-Alegria

Oh. My. Goodness.

I went to see the Cirque du Soleil on Sunday and it was SUBLIME! For any of you who haven't seen it yet--go see it! It will blow your mind!

Here was my favorite part--the hula hoop contortionist!



The performers were so professional and poised. Even the clowns! The costumes are quite exquisite. The music is fantastic as well! Our "White Singer" was Malika Alaoui-Ismaili, not the Francesa Gagnon you hear in the clip. I prefer Malika. She belted out the songs and her voice sounded much more clear. Francesca's voice gets overpowered by the music.

*shrugs*

But what would I know! Francesca's version sold more records than any other troupe in the Cirque du Soleil.

It's a funny story how we ended up at the Cirque. I'm currently writing an erotic piece that takes place in a carnival. After watching many cirque du soleil videos on youtube for research, the evening news came on and announced the Cirque Du Soleil was showing in Frisco that weekend!

Talk about serendipity! I'm thinking it was karma! At any rate, I LOVED every second of it! And I got all the material needed for my next story!

Go and see it! They are very good! You won't be disappointed!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails